Rapid Growth is sponsoring an interactive discussion May 19 between panelists and the audience at a community brainstorm that addresses what it will take to attract and retain top talent in West Michigan.
For this fourth in the "Not Your Average Speaker Series!", Rapid Growth has partnered with Great Lakes Urban Exchange
, Grand Rapids Young Professionals and the Michigan State Housing Development Authority to answer the big question: "I will stay if
. . . ."
In this first-of-its-kind event, audience members will be asked to pitch their ideas not to a panel of bureaucrats but rather to a panel of "doers" -- movers and shakers in our community who get things done. The panelists will be asked their reactions to the suggestions and how they might be transformed into a step-by-step plan of action.
The series will be held from 5:30 to 8 p.m. at the Wealthy Theatre, 1130 Wealthy St. SE. Admission, beverages and concessions are free. Doors open at 4:45 for pre-event networking. Crisi Dykstra of "Crisi and the band" will perform during the pre-networking time.
Come with your ideas or come to just listen. Either way, we guarantee you'll leave thinking this was "Not Your Average Speaker Series!"
Panel members include:
• Skot Welch: Founder/Managing Partner of Global BridgeBuilders
• Pete Brand: Co-Founder of Mindscape at Hannon McKendry
• Luisa Schumacher: Executive Director of West Michigan Center for Arts and Technology (WMCAT)
• Victoria Upton: Publisher/Owner of Women's Lifestyle Magazine
• Daniel Estrada: President and e-discovery consultant of D.C. Estrada, President of AimWest
• Denise Cheng: Citizen Journalism Coordinator at Community Media Center
Please RSVP to Event. For more information, contact Jeff Hill at firstname.lastname@example.org