The Salvation Army's new Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center
is looking to fill about 65 new full and part-time positions before opening its new $26 million multi-use facility in late October.
"Over the next six months, we'll be bringing the staff on (board), especially during the summer," says Bram Roberts, Kroc's program director. Situated on 20 acres at 2500 S. Division Ave., the 90,000-square-foot facility in Grand Rapids will require a wide variety of talent.
The center's website has three job postings now: children's ministries coordinator, operations manager and physical facility director. But the administrative office will soon require professionals to staff such areas as human resources, accounting, and special events. Another team will be needed for marketing and development.
"Another big part is seeking funds to sustain different areas of the center that may evolve over time," he says. Roberts himself will be looking for program managers for aquatics, sports and recreation, education, health and wellness, and the performing and creative arts.
Applicants can send in their resumes now at the center's website.
Individual jobs will be posted later, at which time candidates can resend their application electronically to make sure their initial resume is not overlooked, Roberts says.
The Kroc Center is expected to be LEED-certified when it opens with a spectacular number of fun, exciting and inspirational activities for all ages. Among its features are:
• Indoor 400-seat indoor performing center for concerts and worship services
• Outdoor amphitheatre for more than 400 for activities and worship services
• Gymnasium with one primary and two secondary courts
• Aquatic center with water slide
• Fitness center with 75 exercise machines and a rock climbing tower
• Education and conference center
• Game and recreation room for such activities as table tennis and computer games
• Outdoor sports fields suitable for such things as baseball, basketball, sledding and ice skating
Sources: Bram Roberts, Kroc Center's Program Director; Kroc Center's website Sharon Hanks is innovations and jobs news editor at Rapid Growth Media. Please send story ideas and comments for the column to Sharon at [email protected] She also is owner of The Write Words in Grand Rapids